The Wave Rug X Large (Ex-Display)
This Wave Rug in XL size (2.45 x 3m) is a new stock piece with some minor defects. This piece has been created by a weaving team we were trailing who did not achieve the quality level we require to be one of our weaving partners. See Product Description below and click images in gallery for the details of the flaws in this rug.
Our ex-display rugs are sold as seen and are non-returnable.
The flaws in this rug are as follows:
1. The colour placement is not exact to the design specifications.
2. Some colours were not correctly matched.
3. Improvements to the colours were made using an overdying technique which on rare occasions can rub off/fade over time.
4. The definition of the design (by separating the yarn colours) has not been done to our normal standard.
5. There are a few marks as highlighted in the image gallery, however it might be possible to remove this with spot cleaning using a product such as Dr Beckmanns Carpet Stain Remover.
6. There is a very light stain mark on the canvas backing, which will not be seen when the rug being used.
7. The yarn density of the tufting is lower than our normal specification meaning less wool has been used to weave this rug than normal. This is not visibly noticeable. The pile height of the rug throughout remains the same as our normal specification.
The rug is in brand new condition and feels soft underfoot. This rug is sold with a 30% discount.
Our ex-display rugs are sold as seen and are non-returnable.
The Wave rug is the result of a design collaboration between our Studio and visionary New York illustrator Jade Purple Brown.
Details and design
The Wave is an exciting piece of floor art that bridges two uniquely creative minds across the Atlantic.
Two highly creative designers with a great passion for colour came together in a transatlantic collaboration. Coming at designing a rug from two different angles with a similar vision was an amazingly creative journey. It meant combining Jade’s experience in bold illustrations with Sonya’s colour and rug making expertise to create something great, original and impactful.
When collaboratively designing the rug, Sonya and Jade’s aim was to create a piece that would completely transform any space, bringing a sense of excitement and joy through the radical use of colour and fluid curves, inspired by the 1970s graphic style.
The design is just as effectively displayed as a floor rug or a wall hanging.
Composition and care
The Wave rug is hand tufted in pure New Zealand wool by artisan weavers in traditional weaving communities. The design uses 43 colours, obtained from Swiss dye pigments, which are extremely high quality and completely free from Azo-based compounds, so are kind to the human skin.
This is a hardwearing and easily washable rug, very pet-friendly.
What if I want a different size?
For the majority of our collection we can make custom sizes. The calculator on the right will help you. If you require further information please contact us on +44 (0)20 3283 8776 (London time) or by using our Contact form
What if I want a different color?
Some of our rugs can be made in bespoke colours to fit your space. Please do contact us to let us know about room and requirements. Any quotations provided for custom colours or custom rugs are valid for 30 days. For help with ordering, availability or advice, please do not hesitate to contact us on +44 (0)20 3283 8776 (London time) or using our contact form
We deliver worldwide, to most international destinations via door-to-door trackable services. We endeavour to ship all orders by the quickest available way.
Deliveries to UK addresses are made within 3 working days and to international addresses within 5-7 working days for stock items. You are also welcome to collect your order from our North West London showroom – simply select the ‘Collect from Showroom’ option during checkout.
If the items are in production/transit from our weavers your shipping time is indicated when the item is added to the cart and before you purchase.
If the items are made to order from the sizes shown on our website they will be shipped to you in 12-14 weeks approximately after confirming your order.
Once your order is shipped we will provide you with a tracking number to follow your order’s journey.
You can pay securely online with credit or debit card (Visa or Master Card) via Worldpay. Your credit card details will not be saved.
You can also select payment via direct bank to bank transfer at checkout. Once your order has been placed, we will email you our bank details to make a transfer.
Another option is to place your order and make card payment over the phone or in person at our showroom.
We recommend vacuuming at least three times per week to remove any natural shedding. In addition, we recommend specialist cleaning at least once a year. To find out more about caring for your rug please download our care sheet.
We want you to be fully and absolutely happy with your purchase! If for some reason you are not, you can return it to us within 14 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange (excluding the delivery and return cost). You will be issued with a refund within 14 days of receipt of the items at our showroom in pristine condition.
We have a few simple return conditions. Please:
- Ensure your purchase has not been used and is in original condition.
- Email us within 7 days of receipt of your order that you wish to return the item(s) using our our contact page
- Keep the original packaging and repackage the rug in the same manner it was delivered out to you. If you no longer have the packaging, email us and we will suggest alternative packaging. If you need information on how to pack the rug for a return please contact us and we will provide you packing information to avoid damage in transit.
We do not accept returns on rugs made specifically to your requirements, known as Custom rugs, or rugs ordered to fulfil your order known as Made to Order Rugs.
Please find a selection of answers to commonly asked questions by clicking this link