We are always interested to hear from talented people who would like to join our team. Please email us and we will keep your CV on our database and contact you when an appropriate vacancy arises.
We do also offer intern positions throughout the year. If you are interested in our intern position please email us with a CV and covering letter.
We are looking for a Studio Assistant. Please see Job Description below and enquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonya Winner Rug Studio is a small award-winning luxury design studio creating graphic, vibrant and highly original contemporary rugs that transform a space with their positive happy colours and bold designs. The business has grown quickly in the last year, so it is an exciting time to join our small, dynamic, fun and creative team. We pride ourselves in developing close relationships with our customers resulting with more than 35% repeat purchases. We sell online (90% of sales) and in our beautiful designer showroom to end customers and interior designers. Our main focus is selling online to end user driven by organic search, social media activity, press features and online advertising.
Our airy and spacious light-filled studio/showroom is located in a quiet friendly village backwater close to Hampstead Heath, independent shops and cafes, the Tube and Overground. Our ergonomic design studio at the back of the showroom has a fully equipped kitchen, a shower for running or cycling to work and 2 laidback, loving hypoallergenic studio dogs!
Studio/ Showroom tasks
- Keeping the showroom tidy and presentable.
- Keeping everything in the right place and easy to find under supervision of the Studio Manager.
- Ordering showroom supplies: rug packaging materials, ink supplies, stationary etc.
- Colour pom drawers: keeping them organized and up to date.
- Colour pom stock: ordering poms for new and existing artworks.
- Technical (non-creative) side of creating artworks i.e. double checking and typing pom numbers accurately.
- Keeping new design poms and artwork up to date and available to pick.
- Creating price lists for ceramics, jewellery, art we sell in the studio.
- Keeping Studio handbook up to date of “How To’s.” Create how to video & written instructions when new processes arise.
- Computer management – contacting external IT support when problems arise.
- Booking weekly rubbish pick up First Mile (Tuesdays.)
- Instructing our cleaner on Tuesdays and Fridays on specific cleaning requirements.
- Keeping our colour library up to date.
Stock Management tasks
- Keeping stock room organised.
- Twice a year stock takes.
- Receiving rug shipments – checking delivery against delivery notes – arranging unpacking of rugs – inspecting rugs, labelling rugs, arranging rugs to be put into stock room or shipped out to clients – updating the stock list with location of rug.
- Maintaining accurate website stock levels by adding any new stock received and removing any stock ordered via other channels other than directly through the website.
- Monitoring stock levels and ordering new rugs when needed.
- Monitoring orders on back end of website and shipping out rugs.
- Packing, creating paperwork, recording, and tracking all shipments for the studio, including rugs, poms, samples etc
- Updating shipping excel with shipping details, quotes and rug Po, so that sold rugs can be tracked and our bookkeeper can check shipping bills against shipping quotes.
- Downloading invoices from supplier websites, scanning and filing paper invoices for our bookkeeper.
- Creating customer invoices and receipts.
WordPress/ WooCommerce Website/ Social Media Management
- Creating product pages for new products (under instruction/ training provided)
- Adding rugs on the ex-display section of the website and removing them once sold.
- Uploading Testimonials (using images retouched by the Studio Artist.)
- Keeping stock levels on the back end of website accurate.
- Generating ideas and creating posts for social media including videos as well as imagery
- At least 1 years experience working in a similar role.
- Fluent English, strong writing skills.
- Interest in design and art, with a degree or equivalent qualification
- Extremely well organised and good attention to detail.
- Basic financial literacy with an ability to manage client invoicing.
- Reliable and punctual, with excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Experienced with Apple Mac, Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Google sheets.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite is an advantage
- Good IT skills.
Please note this is a hands-on assisting role of varied tasks and duties predominantly consisting of admin, IT, and general assistance to the running of the day-to-day studio where organisation is essential. There will also be the chance to take part in some creative tasks depending on the candidate’s skill set. This role is an exciting chance to work closely with the Creative Director, Studio Artist and Studio Manager, and offers new skills to be learnt where you will be encouraged to take on more responsibility as you grow with the prospect for promotion.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£24,000.00 per year